in an effort to promote Pokémon GO and the Augmented Reality aspects that the game enables, Niantic has announced the first official Pokémon GO AR Contest! Rewards include a Pokémon GO Plus, a poster autographed by the Pokémon GO team, and wireless Bluetooth earbuds!
The contest lasts until October 25 2017 and takes place on, where Pokémon trainers are challenged to take an AR picture in accordance to the rules of the contest. As officially confirmed, the contest is skill based and photos will be judged on terms of quality.
- snap epic Pokémon GO AR photos and post them on Instagram using the hashtag #PokemonGOcontest
- the contest lasts until October 25 2017
- no purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this contest
- the contest is limited to countries where Pokémon GO has been officially released as of October 11, 2107
- in addition, the following countries are excluded from participation:THE BALKANS, BELARUS, BRAZIL, BURMA, CHINA, COTE D’IVOIRE (IVORY COAST), CRIMEA, CUBA, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, IRAN, IRAQ, ITALY, LIBERIA, NORTH KOREA, PAKISTAN, QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SPAIN, SUDAN, SYRIA, TURKEY, AND ZIMBABWE.
To be eligible for the contest, you must be at least the age of majority in your country and in the general sense it’s not allowed to be related to Niantic, the Pokémon Company or the Pokémon Company International.
A special rule has been established for AR photos featuring real world people: Photos where an individual appears in or is identifiable in the photo will not be considered and will be deemed void.
You can read the whole (boring) rule set here:
The postappeared first on .